Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our time at Joe Wheeler State Park.

We spent about 4 hours driving to Joe Wheeler State Park located about 25 miles east of Florence, AL. Although it was overcast all day, it has been nice drive. Here is a picture of the country side on our drive to Joe Wheeler State Park.

IMG_0558

The entrance to Joe Wheeler State Park.

IMG_0567

Driving from the entrance back to the campground.

IMG_0574

Sandy and I went for a walk in the afternoon and took a few pictures.

IMGP1816

IMGP1817

This is looking out into Joe Wheeler Reservoir.

IMGP1818

A collection of pine cones, needles and seeds.

IMGP1823

Our motorhome back at our camp site.

IMGP1825

Red Buds blooming by the office.

IMGP1832

We had taken a picture of this flower when we were at Cooper Lake State Park in Texas, but this one here at Joe Wheeler State Park looked so much better we just had to show it again. It kind of reminds me of a Snap Dragon.

IMGP1833

More plants showing their spring colors.

IMGP1836

Sandy came with me when I went fishing on Monday and took some pictures.She took this one of a group of turtles sun bathing on a log. Perhaps I should have tried fishing by their log because I didn't catch any where I fished.

IMG_0604

I seem to do better at sitting and reading.

IMG_0609

This is the view I get to enjoy in the morning as I look up while taking a shower and this is hard to beat.

IMGP1848-1

Joe Wheeler State Park is a dense forest of 75-100 foot pine trees mixed with mature hardwoods and is well worth the stop. However, if you want to watch TV just be sure to have a portable satellite dish in case the trees stop you from getting a signal from your roof dish or use the local TV antenna. In our case, we have to get Fox on Monday nights to receive “24”.

All the sites have full hook ups with 30 amp power.

Tomorrow, Wednesday the 25th, we are heading to Nashville if the weather does not get too nasty.

Until next time,

Dave and Sandy

No comments: