Monday, November 24, 2008

Relaxing in San Antonio

Sandy and I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and hope you can spend it with family and friends. The campground, Blazing Star, is putting on a dinner for all the guests. They are going to furnish the turkey and ham and the guests sign up for bringing the side dishes and desserts. I have a feeling there is going to be way too much food. It sounds like a normal Thanksgiving dinner to me.

It was mentioned to me that someone did not get notified for the last few posts, but he has been going to the web site and checking for the updates. I have a new laptop with Windows Vista. Things are different and I think I deleted some people by mistake, so in the future, if you do not get a notice but look at the site and see it has been updated, please let me know and I will add you to the list. As I told Rick, heaven forbid that he would have to miss such riveting newsletter. By the same token, if you would like to be removed from the list, please let me know.

On Wednesday the 19th I went fishing on Medina Lake which is an irrigation reservoir of 5,426 acres with a depth of 152 feet deep. It has virtually no vegetation and is made up of mostly rock (shale) bottom and shoreline. As you can probably see in the photo, the water level is very low, 19 feet, as San Antonio is in an extended drought situation. Hopefully, they will get some rain soon to replenish the water supply.


I did catch 1 largemouth bass the first hour and lost another one. That was it for the day but I found a few potential spots for the future. The lure I used to scout out the lake was an 800 spoonplug. It sure was a different experience for me fishing such a barren lake. But for me, part of the fun is figuring out where the fish are and then catching and releasing them.


Here are a couple of photos of the our site and the campground swimming pool.


Happy Thanksgiving
Dave and Sandy

No comments: